- Angel Browser – Which claims to be a a multifunctional, convenient browser.
- Bing – Microsoft’s Browser on Andorid – which claims to make decisions and get where you need to go.
- Boat Browser Mini – Which claims to be fast,clean and easy to use.
- Chrome Browser – Which is Google’s pre-installed Andorid device
- Dolphin Browser HD – Which simply claims – Powerful, Fast & Elegant web browser … Browsing made wonderful.
- Dolphin Browser Mini – Which claims to be something fast, something simple, something new!
- Firefox for Andorid – Which promises to go from desktop to mobile without interruption.
- Maxhton Mobile – Which claims to Seize Your Web!
- Miren Browser – Which claims to bring the most intuitive browsing experience.
- Opera Mini – Which claims to offer fastest speed
- Opera Web – Which claims to offer “Premium experience”
- Skyfire – Which promises to make your mobile web experience richer, smarter and more fun!
- xScope Browser – Which claims to be the fastest way to browse the web and manage files
and I probably missed some..
So what are the key criteria to choose a browser?
1. Price – most are free but not all. Paying $2.99 for a browser, although not much is a consideration
2. Speed – few claims to be the fastest. I have not seen comprehensive speed test to define which is which.
3. Ease of use – this is a little bit of a personal choice. Many claim to be this way. I guess the most important thing is use of screen space, tabs, and bookmarks.
4. Sync with Desktop Browsing – neat feature if you switching frequently between desktop and mobile.
5. Social networking – If you want to share your browsing experience with your social network.
and there are also more technical issues to consider:
A. How well the browser handles video and audio.
B. Support of HTML5, flash etc.
D. Security & Privacy
In the next few posts I would develop more detailed criteria and share some of the browsing experience.
Please let me know if I missed any browser or important selection criteria.